My name is Scott Cooper and my wife Angie and I are full time teleworkers. † In my search for teleworker friendly communities I ran across Underss4success.com, met Tom and Kate and the result was this blog from where we are going to share communities that we discover who have met the criteria for being considered teleworker friendly.
What are the criteria for being considered?
- The community needs to be one of the beautiful places in the world.
- The community needs to be rich in recreational activities.
- The community needs to be outside the commuter radius of major population centers. † This means the cost of living will be lower for those of us fortunate enough to telework.
- High speed Internet is a given. † Without this telework isnít possible.
- Close proximity to a regional airport. † Even teleworkers have to jump a jet from time to time.
- Access to the finer things from time to time. † We all like to catch a game, a play, or just visit a nice 5 star restaurant.
Feel free to leave comments and suggestions about communities you are aware of that meet these criteria. † We are always looking for another slice of paradise.
Our list of communities so far:
Some data on communities with the highest percentage of telecommuters here