This is the second in a series of posts about how to find work-at-home positions using the Web’s largest job boards. A list of past and future posts in this series is provided at the bottom of this page.
Career Builder is jointly owned by Gannett, Tribune, McClatchy, and Microsoft. Here are some details about their site:
– They boast 21 million users per month.
– Their jobs come from thousands of sources including newspapers (no big surprise there given their ownership), recruiters, and even other online job boards.
– Their job search is free.
– The interface is straightforward.
– Their Advanced Search allows you to specify keywords, job categories and other criteria.
– They allow you to save your search criteria and will email job posts to you as they are added.
– You can exclude certain companies or keywords from the results (which helps you sift out the junk).
Our search on CareerBuilder turned up 1043 hits for telecommuting jobs. Of those, only 16% were what we consider to be scams or junk*, but fifty percent of their legitimate posts were from 2 employers who include telecommuting as a company benefit on all their jobs.
For content, we give CareerBuilder a 4 (out of a possible 5) on our Pajama-Meter.
For ease of use, we award them a 5.
Next up: Searching Yahoo’s HotJobs for work at home and freelance positions.
More in the “Finding Work At Home” series:
For home-based business owners stay tuned for posts about how to make the most of these and other project and freelance job boards: